can't use the same keyring from linux on windows

coco coco coconut_to_go at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:12:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been using thunderbird on Linux since 0.2 on my laptop, but recently,
due to
laptop problem, I want to move my mail to use portable thunderbird on a
mobile hd.

I've already moved my profile from Linux to the portable tb, and it's
working fine,

except, I can't get enigmail to work correctly. I've copied my pubring and
secring
into the gpg folder, and the key manager can show all keys correctly,
including
my key pairs and other people's public keys. Enigmail can figure out my key
ID from
my email address. But I'm still having problem getting enigmail to work
correctly.
When I'm trying to send a signed message, I'm getting the following error
from
the enigmail console:

enigmail> G:\PortableThunderbird\gpg\gpg.exe --charset utf8 --batch --no-tty
--
status-fd 2 --comment 'Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -
http://enigmail.mozdev.org

I don't understand why I'm getting this. Is it because my key rings are from
Linux, and I'm using it on Windows? Curiously, I can't get gpg to work
correctly
on the command line either. I try to encrypt a file to myself, and then when
try to decrypt, it's complaining that the secret key is not available.

Could anyone give a hint on what does that mean?

The GPG packaged with portable thunderbird is version 1.4.1.

Thanks a lot.