Changing the email address on an existing key...how? Should I?

mweisler mark.weisler at comcast.net
Sat Jul 23 01:32:25 CEST 2005

Is it possible (or advisable) to change the email address on an existing pgp
key?

I'm using GnuPG 1.4.1 on Linux. The man pages do not show how to change or
edit the mail address of an existing key.

I've had the key(s) a long time and friends use them. I use the same key on
several platforms. It would not be too much hassle for me to just create
another key with the correct mail address and distribute the public key.

What is good practice in this regard and where might I read more about it?
TIA.

--
Heisenberg was right, I think.