Key Ring Questions

SeidlS at schneider.com SeidlS at schneider.com
Thu Jul 28 23:37:16 CEST 2005

I have a couple questions around the maintenance/clean up of gnuPG key
rings.

1) We have gnuPG installed and used by 3 users on one Unix type server.
One of the 3 users was used for initial setup and testing of the gnuPG
software and is no longer used.  Is it possible to remove the key, and key
ring from this user?  Is it as simple as deleting the .gnupg directory
under that users home directory?

2)Is it possible to remove keys from the key ring if they are no longer
used?  Example: a key was imported for use a year ago, but is no longer
used for encryption/decryption.  Is there a way to remove it?

Thanks for the help.
Scott

Thanks
Scott Seidl
Electronic Communication Services
seidls at schneider.com
Tel) 920-592-2163

This document, and any attachments therein, contains proprietary and
confidential information that may not be disclosed without the prior
written permission of Schneider National, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Unauthorized use or misuse of this information and its contents is strictly
prohibited. Schneider National, Inc. vigorously protects its rights.