[outlgpg] Questions on installing and using with Outlook 2003.

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Sun Jul 31 19:09:30 CEST 2005

Patrick Dickey wrote:

> I was mistaken when I said I had to copy it into the folder.  When I
> ran Regsvr32, I got  Load Module failed, can't find the module.  But,
> it was because I wasn't using quotes around the Path.  I should have

IIRC, the example in the README is like "regsvr32 gpgexch" but in
any case we need to improve the documentation.

> Originally, I had the "Always sign with the default key" option
> checked, but since I didn't know what to put, I put a pathname to a
> file in.  Looking back, I'm assuming it means an actual key.  Also the

Yes. This feature is not 100% ready yet. And I guess we need to
reword it a little so the user knows a key ID is expected.

> Files\GNU\GnuPG\" for the path to home directory (since that's where
> my trustdb.gpg file is located) and "C:\winpt\winpt.exe --keymanager"
> for the path to keymanager?

Yes.

And with these settings the plugin should work. Please make sure you
use 0.99.4 because there I fixed a lot of Outlook 2003 related things.
I currently use Outlook 2003 on my laptop and it works pretty well.

	Timo