Unsynchronized public and secret key uids

Kyle McMartin kyle at there.is.no.cabal.ca
Sun Jun 5 03:48:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

Unfortunately, I lost my primary .gnupg directory. I restored my .gnupg
from a backup, but it was not particularly recent. As such, my public
key has a bunch of extra uids that my secret key does not.

I'd just go and delete and re-add them, but I'm concerned this would
get rid of signatures on my public keys uid. And I really would prefer
to not lose those, or add even more redundant uids.

Can someone clarify how the best way to procede from here is? I've looked
at the manual, faq, and googled for related subjects trying to figure
this out.

Thanks,
--
Kyle McMartin