Expired Subkey - How to extend expiry using GPG command line

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 17:13:49 CEST 2005

gpg.20.subu at spamgourmet.com wrote the following on 6/20/05 8:13 AM:
> Hi
>

> I have a key where the sub key has expired
>
> Is there a way to extend the validity of the *sub key* using GPG command
> line interface
>
> p.s. - As of now I am little hesitant to set up GPG shell etc - learn
> these and then do the sub key edit - so would prefer a straight sub -
> key editing
>
> Thanks in adv
>
> -- Subu

gpg --edit-key [key ID]
then
Command> key N  where N is the subkey's index.
e.g. if the subkey whose validity you want to extend is the first listed
subkey, or if it is the only listed subkey, then the  command would be
Command> key 1
this will put a * after the word sub, indicating that this particular
subkey has been selected. then
Command> expire
and follow the prompts.

Hope this works for you, it works for me (Macintosh OS X 10.4.1)
Charly