group options

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Mar 3 21:43:44 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 03:32:15PM -0500, DBSMITH at OhioHealth.com wrote:
> ok so in my conf file I have as below
>
> > group HlthStream = keyid1 keyid2
> > no-tty
> > no-secmem-warning
> > no-mdc-warning
>
> then my command is :   gpg -e -t -a -d "my key" - - group HlthStream
> "filetoencrypt"
>
> Is there something else I am doin wrong?

Yes.  That command doesn't mean anything.  The options mean, in order,
encrypt, textmode, ascii armor, decrypt.  You have to pick either
encrypt or decrypt as doing both would result in nothing happening.
Also, --group doesn't go on the command line.  You use the group name
as a recipient (-r HlthStream).

David