Lib\idea could not be found error

Servie Platon servie_tech at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 13:40:20 CET 2005

Hello Venona,

--- venona at gmx.ch wrote:
> Hello Servie,
>
> > Home: C:/Documents and Settings/servie/Application
> > Data/GnuPG
> > Supported algorithms:
> > Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
> > gpg: LoadLibrary failed: The system cannot find
> the
> > file specified.
> >
> > gpg: invalid module `Lib\idea': The specified
> module
> > could not be found.

As what Mr. Clizbe suggested, if idea.dll is not
really needed, I might as well remove this feature due
to patent and other issues. After removing the
idea.dll line from gpg.conf it finally worked.

My worry only if this is the case, would others who
uses commercial pgp product still be able to encrypt
or decrypt messages coming from me??? I have no idea,
but once I find out from you guys, I will do the steps
below:

> Firstly,  download the IDEA library from
> ftp://ftp.gnupg.dk/pub/contrib-dk/ideadll.zip
>
> Next, create directory named "lib" in the above
> HomeDir
> and unzip idea.dll to the directory "lib" you
> created.
>
> Lastly,  write the line "load-extension lib\idea"
> (without
> quotation) in your configuration file gpg.conf.
>
> Do't forget to hit ENTER at the end of the line
> mentioned above.
>
> Then gpg.exe will show the message "Cipher: IDEA,
> ..."
> when you type the command "gpg --version" in the
> command prompt.

Thank you very much.

> Regards,

Best regards,