Multiple Subkeys/UIDs

Grimes, Dean DGRIMES at scvl.com
Mon Mar 21 23:25:07 CET 2005

>You mention that all data enters the central location encrypted, but is
then decrypted ("for processing") and then re-encrypted.

The processing script would most likely decrypt the file piping the output
into the processing program. Once processing is complete, the script would
then mv/cp the already encrypted file to it's storage location. There would
be no need to re-encrypt the file.

>Also: once a file is archived, is it still writable?  That is, is it
>permissible to go back and edit this file to remove a particular key
>from it?

No. The file would not be editable nor would any other process write to the
file. The only activity allowed on the file would be to decrypt for reading
purposes in a designated work area to be determined and set forth in the
policy.

Dean