[PGP-USERS] PGP Desktop Home - Cost of upgrade

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Thu May 12 16:33:11 CEST 2005

Erpo wrote:

>IIRC, the source to PGP is available, but only for "peer review"
>purposes. The license prohibits compiling your own PGP binaries.

There's so much forbidden... PGP doesn't seen to act aggressively against
people who do, like the person who compiles the CKT versions.

>> GnuPG has other advantages, like not being windows-only and a decent
>> commandline.

>I played with the PGP Desktop trials a while ago, and I have to say that
>it was a whole lot easier to use than GPG.

If you're on windows perhaps. However, GnuPG is catching up. The 1.0
versions were hardly usable on windows, the 1.2 and 1.4 versions work
fine.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html