ECC

Christoph Anton Mitterer cam at mathematica.scientia.net
Tue Nov 1 00:11:55 CET 2005

markus reichelt wrote:

>* Christoph Anton Mitterer <cam at mathematica.scientia.net> wrote:
>

>>>do you know of an application that uses this lib?
>>>

>>No I don't but that shouldn't be a reason to forget about it,...
>>

>Now why is that? I didn't imply anything to such extent.

Of course,... (and I didn't want to be rude,.. if you think I was :-) )

>I was merely curious about applications, that's all. Why do you think
>one should (not) forget about libecc?

Yes,.. but as I've written I don't know any applications that utilitises
libecc.
And I wrote "that this should NOT be a reason to "ignore" it" because
one might think,.. "oh nobody uses it,.. let's not use it, too" ;-)

>>>it seems to be on hold. mailinglists are turned off, last release
>>>in 12/2004...
>>>

>>Same thing,.. that shouldn't be a reason for others to reuse the
>>code and continue its development, should it? :)
>>

>Rhetoric is fine, when used wisely ;)

Eh,..? What do you mean? :-D

Chris.