- -textmode???

SeidlS at schneider.com SeidlS at schneider.com
Fri Nov 4 00:38:37 CET 2005

Can someone tell me the difference between to two commands below?
gpg -r ####### --armor --sign --encrypt <INFILE > OUTFILE
gpg -r ####### --armor --sign --encrypt --textmode < INFILE > OUTFILE

We are using the first command for our GPG encryption today, but may have a
need to use the --textmode for a new recipient.  The encryption process
today handles text file, and some binary (read zip, or M.S. Office type)
files.  What will the impact be of adding the --textmode to the command, or
to the options file?

Thanks
Scott Seidl
Electronic Communication Services
seidls at schneider.com
Tel) 920-592-2163

This document, and any attachments therein, contains proprietary and
confidential information that may not be disclosed without the prior
written permission of Schneider National, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Unauthorized use or misuse of this information and its contents is strictly
prohibited. Schneider National, Inc. vigorously protects its rights.