ECC

markus reichelt ml at bitfalle.org
Wed Nov 9 14:56:41 CET 2005

* Johan Wevers <johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> markus reichelt wrote:
>
> >> What makes you think the NSA doesn't want to decrypt US government
> >> traffic?
>
> ></me raises eyebrow> I don't care what the NSA wants.
>
> I meant to say that, as others also pointed out, that this can mean
> that the NSA will promote encryption that they think they alone can
> crack.

You're right of course, this would be typical behaviour. However...
Some of you got the hint, some didn't: As I said early in this thread
that my opinion of the NSA being able to crack PKC quite easily is
based on my personal belief, *just like one might believe in god or
not*. I do not feel inclined to discuss the matter any further.

<rant>
deleted
</rant>

--