trust path lookup on server

Jaap Eldering eldering at phys.uu.nl
Sat Nov 26 00:56:16 CET 2005

Hi all,

I was wondering whether the following feature does exist within gpg
or related programs: the possibility to check a signature via a
(longer) trust path from my key to the signer's key.

I am no expert in the use of gpg, but from what I have seen, gpg does
only download the signer's key from the keyserver and then use the
local keyring to check for a trust path.

I have thought with some people about the concept of a server from
which trust paths can be obtained. gpg itself can then verify this
path and thus verify a trust path that is outside of one's keyring
data. Is this a useful idea?

Jaap