PK-Encrypt-only

Kurt Fitzner kfitzner at excelcia.org
Wed Nov 30 16:33:07 CET 2005

I am contemplating a change to my GnuPG Explorer Extension, but I need
some background information.

I know that encrypting a file without signing it is commonly done with
symmetrical encryption.  My question is, do people commonly use GnuPG to
encrypt a file without signing it using PK-encryption?

Personally, I don't think this would be very common at all.  I mean, I
can come up with conceptual reasons why someone might want to encrypt a
file to someone else's key without signing the file, but in practice I
would think it would be very rare.

I would appreciate knowing if this is something that is commonly done,
or if it is very rare.

	Kurt.