Delete key from keyserver

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Oct 23 11:53:50 CEST 2005

On Sunday 23 October 2005 5:49 am, Alphax wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
> > The only solution to that is to get more
> > keysigning done.
>
> And to get more people using OpenPGP. Does anyone have a document called
> (eg.) "Why you should use OpenPGP" or similar? I've read the GNU Privacy
> Handbook and it's more of a HOWTO than a WHYTO.

I've got a v.v.brief one:
http://gnupg.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/#attachments

It's just why I use gnupg rather than a treatise on why someone else should
use it. It is GFDL.

There's also general stuff here:
http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_adm/gnupg.html

Elements of each could be combined - the FAQ isn't expressly GFDL but if it's
used for GFDL material I would have no objection.

If that work is sent back to me, I would also be v.happy to publish it as part
of the first site, under the GFDL.
:-)

Don't worry about the HTML, a plain text version crafted from these and other
sources would be fine - as long as it can go under the GFDL.

> Do you have to be a Linux user to join a LUG?

No, you just have to be interested in GNU type stuff - and in most LUG's GnuPG
qualifies as relevant.

> Several people who I've tried to get using OpenPGP just "don't get it"
> because it's "too hard to integrate with (email client, usually
> Mail.app)" and have gone for Thawte X.509 certificates instead. And then
> they never use them.

Bad choice of email client!

:-)

There are plenty of email clients that integrate gpg/pgp very easily. The
resistance is not against gnupg itself but against the change of email
client / problems with the existing client.

--

Neil Williams