GnuPG Large File Issues - Windows

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Sep 3 08:56:18 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:32:36 -0400, Jeffrey Tadlock said:

> 'gpg --encrypt-files -r "System Administrator" -z 0
> <filename_5.7GB_in_size>'

I recall that I once tested it and it used to work.  However it is a
long time ago so no guarantee.  My current test machine has not enough
space to run a test right now.

What will always work is to use

  gpg --encrypt-files -r "System Administrator" -z 0 < FILENAME > FILENAME.GPG

Note the '<' and '>'.  Using redirection gpg won't know anything about
the file seize and simply encrypt everything coming in on the stdin to
stdout.  Decryption work similar.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner