Transparent keyboards

Oskar L. oskar at rbgi.net
Sun Sep 4 11:59:28 CEST 2005

"Neil Williams" <linux at codehelp.co.uk> wrote:

> What makes you think a keylogger goes 'inside' a keyboard? The cable
> connection is just as easy and an internal unit (on the inside of the
> socket on the box) even better.

I keep my case open, so I would notice that. There enough space for a
keylogger in the average keyboard. What makes you think this is not where
a keylogger would be placed?

> If someone has physical access to your machine whilst you are away, all
> manner
> of things can be done to compromise the system -

Can you give me a few hardware related examples, that will work against
someone booting from a live CD/DVD (or better, booting from an USB-stick
and first checking the hash of the CD/DVD before using it)?

> a keylogger would be the least of your worries.

Well that is debatable, but I'm sure we all agree on that it is one of the
easiest and cheapest ways of compromising someones computer.

So if anyone know of any transparent keyboard models, please list them.

Oskar