Transparent keyboards

Oskar L. oskar at rbgi.net
Sun Sep 4 14:01:12 CEST 2005

pats_comp_solutions at hotpop.com wrote:

> I don't know of any transparent keyboards off-hand (I can check our
> local computer store tomorrow, since they have one there).

Thanks!

> But, I will
> say this.  There is a keylogger out that goes between the keyboard plug
> and the case.

There are several, see http://www.keyghost.com/ and
http://www.amecisco.com/hkstandalone.htm for examples. These are too
obvious, and the police most likely will put the keylogger inside the
keyboard or inside the case of the computer.

> So, unless you are able to see through the back of the
> case, or are so paranoid that you turn the case all different directions
> before you turn it on, you'll never see it.

I have my computer on the floor, and can easily see all sides without
turning it. Mounting a small mirror behind the computer might be a good
solution to this problem for some.

> And, if you're at
> home, and can't even trust your own family, then anything
> computer-related is the least of your concerns.  I'd be more inclined to
> be looking up a good psychologist rather then a transparent keyboard.

I choose to live alone (for security reasons) so what I worry most about
are keyloggers and microphones. Here in Finland the police have a special
group investigating us (animal rights activists), and we have caught one
infiltrator, so considering this I don't think that it's a sign of
paranoia for me to occasionally check for keyloggers.

Oskar