Multiple signing - is this a common desire? (was Re: Signing MS-Excel spread sheets)

Kurt Fitzner kfitzner at excelcia.org
Mon Sep 5 01:21:10 CEST 2005

Berend Tober wrote:

> Anyway, I've looked at WinPT and GPGee and one other GUI wrapper
> around gnupg, but they all of course are victims of this MS Excel
> "feature", and furthermore none of them satisfy my other need to be
> able to support multiple persons signing any given document

When I started with GPGee I debated the idea of handling
multiple-signatures.  I decided not to deal with the added complexity
because I didn't think it was a much called-for feature.

If this is something that people would want to do more often in the real
world, I'll happily add this feature.

I can even drop in something like "Set target file read-only after
operation" - well, if I can figure out a shorter description to use for it.

Anyway, is multiple-key signing more common than I gave it credit for?

	Kurt.