OpenPGP Card

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:43:22 CEST 2005

David Picon Alvarez wrote:

> You trust the Microsoft CryptoAPI? Well why don't you just run Windows,
> which Microsoft Says is Perfectly Secure, and use Microsoft's inbuilt
> X.509 instead of OpenPGP, since Microsoft Guarantees No Back Doors in
> the CryptoAPI?

No! this is not the issue of cryptography.
It was an argument for the GPL position that some of the people here took.
I am saying that if you take that stand, GPL application can enjoy the
Microsoft environment more than the open source environment, and that it
does not make sense to me...
Please read the whole corresponding.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.