This IS about GD - a proposal on dealing with the problem

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 06:03:45 CEST 2005

Pawel Shajdo wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 02:00:38PM -0600, Kurt Fitzner wrote:
>
>>Ok, that other thread isn't about the GD, but this one is.  I think this
>>is something that should be discussed and a consensus reached.
>>
>>Are they a good/bad signer?
>>Does something need to be done about them?
>>Should they be approached by the community?

>>Signature cleaning and/or filtering is not the answer, just as spam
>>filtering is not the ultimate answer.  The cost to the IT industry of
>>spam filtering is enormous.  Let's deal with the problem at the source.
>>
>>	Kurt.
>
> I think this is public more keyservers design problem than GD. Keyserver
> should accept new signatures only from key owner.

That poses a significant problem when someone loses their key, but has a
trusted revoker set... there are other situations where someone other
than the key's owner would want to upload the key, but I can't think of
them at the moment.

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign