This IS about GD - a proposal on dealing with the problem

Bob Henson bob.henson at galen.org.uk
Sun Sep 11 11:48:25 CEST 2005

Doug Barton wrote:

>> Um, until you actually get appointed ruler of the universe, you don't get to
>> make that decision for everyone else.  :)  Seriously though, I interact
with a
>> lot of people that get their keys from the GD (their choice, and I'm not in
>> a position to argue), so I need to have my key there, and it needs to be
>> signed by the GD system. You can argue whether what pgp.com is doing is
>> wrong all day long, but it is what it is, and therefore I need to be
>> compatible with it. Thus, I really like the clean options, and have the
>> following in my gpg.conf which works splendidly:
>>
>> import-options import-clean-sigs import-clean-uids
>> export-options export-clean-sigs export-clean-uids
>> keyserver-options import-clean-sigs import-clean-uids export-clean-sigs
>> export-clean-uids

>> I don't know what you mean about "release version of GPG," but the above
>> works fine with 1.4.2 on both Windows and FreeBSD.

Hmm, I did mean 1.4.2 - so I'd better try again then, Doug. I tried adding
the keyserver options but it didn't do anything here. Maybe you need to have
the import export options set too, I tried them first, and then removed them
before adding the keyserver options, since I only need the latter. Anyway,
I'll set them all and try again.

Regards,

Bob