Hushmail troubles...again

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Sun Sep 11 16:51:01 CEST 2005

>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:27:02 -0500
>From: John B <yochanon at localnet.com>
>Subject: Hushmail troubles...again
>To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org

>  I've tried over the past week to send encrypted e-mails to a
>friend with a
>Hushmail address from Kmail on SuSE 9.3 .

>  The problem is, it always ends up at the Hushmail place as an
>attachment and
>no way to open it or read it. I even made a Hushmail account for
>myself and
>tried it and it did the same thing for me...it came to the
>Hushmail as an
>attachment with no way to open it.
>  Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is it something Hushmail is
>doing wrong?
>Does anyone have any idea what it could possibly be,

it might be that your e-mail program is sending the message as
pgp/mime,
which hushmail receives as an attachment

try sending the message as encrypted inline text,

encrypt your message first,
copy it into the e-mail program,
and send as is

i have been doing this with hushmail since it first came out,
without problems,
(now if i could only figure out how to get hushmail to stop
mangling clearsigned sigs ... :-) )

vedaal