UbuntuLinux GPG Still Doesn't Work With Remailers

Guitar Bench guitarbench at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 05:32:11 CEST 2005

I've been trying now for almost three months and I
still can't get the Cypherpunks remailers to accept
messages encrypted with Ubuntu Linux/GPG v1.2.5.

I have no idea what's wrong.  I've tried everything I
can think of and it STILL refuses to work.  I used
Windows XP PGP and the remailers every day for YEARS
and never had a problem with PGP, but I can't get
Linux/GPG to work with the remailers to save my life.

Cutting & Pasting encryption doesn't produce a message
that remailers can recognize.

Making the remailer message and directives into a text
file, encrypting it with command-line GPG then adding
the header

  ::
  Encrypted: PGP

and a space wont work.

Nothing works.

Any ideas?

gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.5
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to
redistribute it
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for
details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256,
TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

>The biggest difference between PGP/Windows XP vs
GPG/Linux
>> seems to be the line endings to me. There is a text
option
>> with GnuPG to make sure..

>> - -t, --textmode

I use the -eat command line, which should cover it,
but it doesn't seem to.

I'm wondering if there's some screwup with the

   ::
   Encrypted: PGP

Having its linefeeds grunged.  On the other hand, I
can send an unencrypted remailer message (to the
remailers that accept them) with the directives in
plaintext and it works.  That's what I'm doing now.

Mysteriously, as I've mentioned before, Dizum accepts
my encrypted messages.

ONLY Dizum.

>> IDEA doesn't matter if you only use DH keys of
remailers that have them.

That's certainly what I always thought, plus I was
under the impression that it wouldn't matter with
RSA recipients who weren't using the IDEA algorithm.

I have the IDEA file, but I cannot figure out what to
do with it, as the instructions assume a level of
Linux experience I do not  yet have.  In any case, it
doesn't seem essential to using remailers with DSS
keys.