UbuntuLinux GPG Still Doesn't Work With Remailers

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 20 23:54:03 CEST 2005

You, Guitar Bench, wrote:

>I've been trying now for almost three months and I
>still can't get the Cypherpunks remailers to accept
>messages encrypted with Ubuntu Linux/GPG v1.2.5.

Do these mailers still require pgp 2.x encrypted messages?
If so, installing IDEA and using the --pgp2 switch might help.

>>The biggest difference between PGP/Windows XP vs
>>GPG/Linux seems to be the line endings to me.

However, in email this is standardised so it should not matter.

>I have the IDEA file, but I cannot figure out what to
>do with it, as the instructions assume a level of
>Linux experience I do not  yet have.

You can unpack the gpg source, put idea.c in the cipher dir and recompile.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html