UbuntuLinux GPG Still Doesn't Work With Remailers

Guitar Bench guitarbench at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 16:59:26 CEST 2005

--- Johan Wevers <johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> That should be GnuPG or pgp 6.something.

That's what I thought.  Enabling PGP6 compatibility in
kGPG does not make any difference, though.

> I'd try to use as many compatibility options as
> possible, like --rfc1991.

--rfc1991 doesn't work.  That (as I understand it)
simulates PGP 2.*, which these remailers aren't using
as they have DSA/DSS keys.

> Further, doesn't the remailer key has
> preferences?

I don't understand what you mean.

> And can't you mail the remailer operator?

Apparently not.  I'd like to have access to the REMOPS
list, but it's invitation-only

Discussing this on alt.privacy.anon-server has been a
bust, though most remailer operators frequent that
newsgroup.

Curiously, I've never been able to find a Linux user
who has worked with the remailers, though some of them
are running Linux!