trouble decrypting AES256 symmetric encrypted file

JIH, DOUG Y. doug.jih at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 12:39:38 CEST 2005

I used 7-Zip to archive about 4.6 GB of files, and I used GPG to
encrypt the 7z file.  7-Zip can't seem to open the partially decrypted
file, unfortunately, so I can't get any of the files back.

I was hoping that the whole 7z file was still available in its
encrypted form, and that GPG was simply confused by an overflown
32-bit index or something like that.

In any case, this seems like a serious problem that people should be aware of.