auto-key-locate pka (gpg version 1.4.3)

Bob Henson bob.henson at galen.org.uk
Sun Apr 9 19:37:40 CEST 2006

David Shaw wrote

>> > Cross-certification and PKA/CERT are unrelated to each other.
>>
>> I realise that, what I was asking was did the problem also relate to the
>> Windows build - in other words, was I wasting my time trying to get it to
>> work as the OP was with his (different) problem.
>>
>> >  What (public) key were you trying to cross-certify?
>>
>> All five of my keys -  FBA06282, 31C737BD, 8FD7EAA9, A9732CF4 and 9652ABDA
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding.  None of those keys have signing
> subkeys.  Cross-certification is meaningless without a signing subkey.

OK - the usual problem - lack of knowledge on my part. I saw a post
suggesting subkeys should be cross-signed, mine had subkeys, so I just
assumed that was what was under discussion. In my own defence, it's fair to
say the lack of good documentation (or documentation simple enough for me to
understand) doesn't help those of us less technical. My apologies for
wasting your time.

Regards,

Bob