[gpgol] Swedish characters are mangled or disappear...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Aug 2 11:59:48 CEST 2006

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:55:29 +0200, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

>On Tue,  1 Aug 2006 22:59, Bo Berglund said:
>> 2. Written as plaintext in Thunderbird
>> - When received in Thunderbird all looks good.
>> - When received with my own Outlook 2003 the Swedish characters are
>> simply gone (disappeared)
>> - I have no response from the US person yet....
>
>Similar problem, we assume UTF-8 but receive Latin-foo.

Tried to find somewhere to set the default encoding in Thunderbird but
no matter what I do it still uses Western on a new message so I have
to remember always to manually set it to UTF-8.
What a drag!
Is there anyone here who knows Thunderbird on the Windows platform and
can tell me how to change the default encoding to UTF-8???

/Bo