GnuPG (GPG) Problem

John wOnk3r gnucl3us at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 05:08:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem. I have 2 computers and I set one up with GnuPG(GPG) with a
key. I use Thunderbird to send and receive encrypted email with no problems.
The second computer is not set with any key. I want to setup the second
computer with with the "Same" email like the first computer with a key, but
it doesn't work. When I start to generate my key, it fails. Here is what I
did.

I typed in my name, enter the "Same" email, basically everything is all the
same. Once I entered my pass phrase, it starts generating the key. After a
couple of minutes, I get the below error.

gpg: no writable public keyring found: eof
Key generation failed: eof
gpg: can't create `C:/GnuPG\random_seed': No such file or directory

My question is, is it possible to have 2 computers with the same email
settings but with a different key, OR is there a possibibilty that I can use
the same key for both computers? If yes, how would I set that up?

PS, Detailed instructions would be nice by the way.

Thank You.