GnuPG neophyte inquiries.

Caitlin The_Polymorph at rocketmail.com
Sun Aug 20 07:31:17 CEST 2006

Hi all.

Ok. I'm quite interested in GnuPG but I felt compelled to ask a few
questions. Ready?

1). My roommate and I share a WinXP box. If I install GnuPG 1.4.5 on
it, would this represent a potential security concern?

2). Would I have to copy and paste encrypted messages received via
email to a disk (for example) then transport them to the machine
mentioned in #1 for decryption?

3). If a security issue arises with the version of GnuPG I'm using,
what happens to my keyring, private key, etc. when I upgrade? I'm
assuming I would have to send my friends/associates a newly generated
public key so we could resume communication?

4). How secure (generally speaking) is installing GnuPG on a flash
drive and using it for all GnuPG related activity? I'm a college
student and security on the campus network is clearly of paramount
importance.

Thanks all,

Caitlin