GnuPG neophyte inquiries.

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 20 23:09:46 CEST 2006

Qed wrote:

>No, since the security issue is not related to the underlying
>cryptographic algorithms(e.g.: some time ago ElGamal signatures were
>discovered to be weak, so in newer version of GnuPG the generation of
>such keys is disabled).

They were not weak, there was an implementation error in GnuPG. Since
it is (according to Werner, I don't know enough of it to judge that
statement myself) very hard to implement this correctly it was dropped.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html