GPG question

BharatG bpgadhia at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 19:55:26 CEST 2006

Hi,
I am also dealing with same problem of automating the decryption process. I
have done according help manual as shwon below. I get error and I do not
know how to proceed:

generic command:
type passphrase | gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --decypt-file "File Name"

in my case it looks like:
type "C:\SampleProjects\GnuPGDotNet\GnuPG\passphrase.txt" | gpg
--passphrase-fd 0 decrypt-files "C:\DocLib\EncryptedFile\Clock1.swf.gpg"
I get one of the following errors:

Reading passphrase from file descriptor 0
usage: gpg [options] [filename]

OR
if I use --decrypt-files instead decrypt-files  I get following error:

Reading passphrase from file descriptor 0
gpg: encrypted with ELG-E key, ID ECEB4FC5
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

I am using GPG version of 1.4.5 on windowsXP professional and default
dirctory of secring is C:\Documents and Settings\bgadhia\Application
Data\gnupg. And my public key is at C:\DocLib\PublicKey
I am able to encrypt and decrypt using UI tools provieded by GPG and WinPT.

Bharat Gadhia