Compile of Gnupg 2.0.1 failed - no libintl

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Dec 6 19:33:39 CET 2006

Peter Stoddard wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I tried compiling Gnupg 2.0.1 on a 733 MHz PowerPC G4 running Mac OSX
> 10.4.8 and the make failed with the following error:
>
> In file included from sysutils.c:41:
> i18n.h:27:23: error: libintl.h: No such file or directory
> sysutils.c: In function 'disable_core_dumps':
> sysutils.c:88: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gettext'
> sysutils.c:88: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
> function 'gettext'
> make[2]: *** [libcommon_a-sysutils.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I looked libintl up and it involves native language support.  Is this
> really necessary to ild Gnupg 2.x?  If so, is there source code
> somewhere I can download?

Try adding --disable-nls to your configure command. Also try doing
'./configure --help | more' to see if there is anything else there
that is relevant, but only change things if you're pretty sure you
know what's going to happen if you do. :)

Doug

--

	If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough