GPG question

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Dec 12 05:07:48 CET 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 02:29:45PM +0100, Lormans Harry wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> In PGP I can select the symmetric cryptographic algorithm to use
> (e.g. TripleDES, IDEA, etc.).  How can I make this selection in GPG
> ? If not: what is setup at the moment ?  Note that I cannot find
> anything in one of the preferences (I'm using GPG4Win).

It's hard to answer your question, since there are multiple different
things in GPG that could fit the description of "selecting the
symmetric cryptographic algorithm".  Please explain further what you
are trying to do.  Are you trying to set the preferences on your key
so other people will send you messages encrypted with a particular
cipher?  Are you trying to set the outgoing cipher to something?

David