gpg smartcard: copy subkeys from backupt to a second card

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at fsfe.org
Wed Dec 20 16:04:33 CET 2006

Hello,

i have followed this howto[0] to set up my smartcard and to create a
backup of the subkeys.

Now i want to copy the subkeys from the backup to a second gpg
smartcard. Therefore i have copied the backup files back to my ~/.gnupg
directory and tried to move the subkeys with the command "keytocard" to
my second smartcard. But the process always stops with this message:
"gpg: secret key already stored on a card"

How can i copy the subkeys to a new card?

Thanks!
Bjoern

[0] https://www.fsfe.org/en/card/howto/subkey_howto

--