1.0.8 Light

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 21 08:33:23 CET 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 03:08, Hwy101y at Yahoo.com said:

> I tried to Run and got a Dialog that said the Download was Corrupt... Yipes!

Make sure that you download in binary mode or use the HTTP download.
also check that you compare the right checksums.  We provide SHA-1 as
well as MD5 checksums (the shorter ones).

> Is this Happening a lot? Is there an Alternate Site I can try to get a
> Good Download?

The server has sometimes network problems.  If you experience low
download rates, please use the mirror:

  ftp://ftp.no.gpg4win.org

> (not to mention the warning of Virus that the Dialog Included -Shudder!)

If you are running some virus scanner, get one which works and does
not warn about innocent software.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner