SCM SPR-332 pinpad

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu Dec 21 17:32:36 CET 2006

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 01:16, hawke at hawkesnest.net said:
>
>> Hmm, I had not intended to sign with the card.  I'm just using the
>> gpg-agent with ssh-agent support; I would have assumed that it would use
>> the authentication key by default.  Is that not the case?
>
> Yes, it does.  I have tried it several times on a clean machine.
> However, I don't use the pinpad regulary because my primary machine is
> my laptop with the cardman 4040 reader.
>
> Please check the output of ssh -v

ssh -v says:

debug1: Offering public key: cardno:000100000227
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 153
Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.

It then offers a different, file-based, key and gpg-agent prompts for
the password for that.

 and also what the scdaemon log has
> to say after the point where you cut it in your last message.

Entire log available at http://web.hawkesnest.net/users/hawke/scd.log

The log contains nothing after "scdaemon[7324.0] DBG: <- END".  I cut
stuff before "2006-12-20 10:21:48", but not after, nor in the middle.
The point where I inserted the comment about the prompt was only a
comment and the log is complete.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"