Making Progress, Still having Bad Signatures.

Michael Kallas mkallas at schokokeks.org
Sat Dec 30 14:00:58 CET 2006

Hi,

Robert Smits schrieb:
> As some of you may know, I've been having bad signatures on my SuSE 10.1 KDE
> install. I use Knontact/Kmail/Kgpg for mail. Messages I send to myself that
> are gpg signed are coming back marked as having bad signatures.

This mail of you was recognized with a valid signature.
I'm using Icedove 1.5.0.9 (ex-Thunderbird) with enigmail 2:0.94.1-1
on Debian unstable here.

[...]
> Here is the discovery. When I look at mail in the sent box in kmail, the
> signatures are marked as good signatures, but the sig id has changed.
>
> The key signature has an id of 0x3E6E37DA when I look in the KGpg key
> management window. When I look at the sent message it's marked with the
> following key:  0xECE5238D3E6E37DA.

This is exactly the same key, it's just short or long id.
If you want to check keys, short ids are not enough as there can be
doubles. Long ids are practically unique.

Best wishes
Michael
--
Nobody can save your freedom but YOU -