gpg on cron task

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Sat Feb 4 06:13:45 CET 2006

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, enediel gonzalez wrote:

> <?php
===============

why are you using php for a cron job?

signing or decrypting non-interactively requires that you either have a
key without a passphrase, or a passphrase stored in a file. neither of
these are secure.

tell us a little more about what you're trying to accomplish, maybe we can
help you figure something out...

--
         ...atom

  PGP key - http://atom.smasher.org/pgp.txt
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"If a baseball player slides into home plate and, right
 	 before the umpire rules if he is safe or out, the player
 	 says to the umpire - 'Here is $1,000.' What would we
 	 call that? We would call that a bribe.
 	 If a lawyer was arguing a case before a judge and said,
 	 'Your honor before you decide on the guilt or innocence
 	 of my client, here is $1,000.' What would we call that?
 	 We would call that a bribe.
 	 But if an industry lobbyist walks into the office of a
 	 key legislator and hands her or him a check for $1,000,
 	 we call that a campaign contribution.
 	 We should call it a bribe."
 		-- Janice Fine
 		Dollars and Sense magazine