how can i sign a complete keyring

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 22:45:46 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 1:11 pm, Holger Schuettel wrote:
> Hi
> i've many keys from a keysigning-party in my extra pubring. and now
> i'll sign the complete keyring. it's possible ?

There are keysigning tools that can do this - in association with something
like gpg-agent that caches your passphrase for a few seconds.

If you're using Debian, there are tools you can use:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/misc/signing-party
http://pgp-tools.alioth.debian.org/

Including:

caff -- CA - fire and forget
 caff is a script that helps you in keysigning. It takes a list of keyids on
the command line, fetches them from a keyserver and calls GnuPG so that you
can sign it. It then mails each key to all its email addresses - only
including the one UID that we send to in each mail.

(Note, it's better to retrieve the keys from a keyserver immediately prior to
signing rather than to use a local (stale) keyring - just in case someone has
revoked their key between the event and the signing.)

--

Neil Williams