gpg on cron task

Olaf Gellert og at pre-secure.de
Tue Feb 14 09:38:09 CET 2006

Hi Werner,

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:28:20 +0100, Olaf Gellert said:
>
>> And even when "--no-tty" and "--batch" are given on the
>> commandline, GPG may ask questions, if I remember correctly.
>
> No, there shall be no interactive input with --batch.  If you noticed
> such a case, it is a bug and should be reported.

We found such a case some time ago: Signing a key non-
interactively. When the key to be signed had an expiry
date, gpg asked for how long the signature should be
valid (even when --no-tty and --batch and --yes were
specified). I tested last week and this bug is obviously
gone, so I do not know of any other issue like that.

Cheers, Olaf

--
Dipl.Inform. Olaf Gellert                  PRESECURE (R)
Senior Researcher,                       Consulting GmbH
Phone: (+49) 0700 / PRESECURE           og at pre-secure.de

                        A daily view on Internet Attacks
                        https://www.ecsirt.net/sensornet