Using an official Austrian key on a smartcard with OpenPG

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Mon Feb 20 01:14:05 CET 2006

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a key on an official Austrian banking card (the operating system of the
> card is ACOS, the company that provides the keys is a-trust). How can I use
> this card with my Reiner SCT CyberJack card reader to sign mails using gnupg?
>
> The card's OS is proprietary (it also doesn't seem to be a pkcs#15 card), but
> a PKCS#11 library for mozilla is provided. This works just fine in mozilla,
> however, I want to sign mails in kmail, which only uses gnupg.

Hi Reinhold,

There is at present no PKCS#11 support in GnuPG that I know of. The only
smartcard support I'm aware of is the OpenPGP card.

And since it works with Mozilla, I suspect your banking card is using a X.509
certificate not a PGP key.

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe(a)comcast DOT nyet
Golden Bear Networks             PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10