OpenLDAP schema to store OpenPGP keys?

Walter Haidinger walter.haidinger at gmx.at
Wed Feb 22 11:02:10 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, David Shaw wrote:

> > If GnuPG could also store secret keys (btw, can it? have never checked)
>
> It's theoretically possible, but no keyserver works that way.

Probably not for HTTP keyservers, but for LDAP offering strong
authentication and TLS/SSL?

A remotely accessible, single storage of secret keys could be quite
useful for some people. You wouldn't be required to carry the secret
keyring with you on usbsticks or else anymore. When I think about it,
probably a better use for LDAP capabilities than to store public keys...

Perhaps something to add in the future?
(feature request ;-)

> > on LDAP, this might be different story. However, at least for now,
> > being as secure as pam_ldap _is_ sufficient, IMHO.
>
> Okay, I buy this.  I'll add binddn and bindpw to gpgkeys_ldap for
> the next release.

Next release of 1.4.x or 1.9.x?

Regards, Walter