GPGOL breaks Enigmail

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 25 10:29:21 CET 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:43:11 +0000, Bob Henson said:

> Anyway, thanks to everyone for the help. Now the only problem is to get rid
> of the bits of GPGOL left in Outlook - every time I run it I get an error
> message telling me it can't find the GPGOL .dll file - hardly surprising

You need to unregister it.  Type

  regsvr32 /u gpgol.dll

Obviously you need to have gpgol.dll available.  Outlook also offers
an option to disable non-working plugins; you may use this as a
workaround.

> haven't found and deleted yet. Still, now everything is working again that's
> the least of my worries.

In fact you need to add a special registry entry to cause Outlook
scanning for new or deleted plugins.  regsrv32 /u does this for you
(actually it calls a function in gpgol.dll to do this).

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner