No Public Key Problem

Mohd Irwansteiger irwanj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:40:10 CEST 2006

Good day,

I'm quite new to GnuPG; my problem started when I want to send my email
thru Evolution. I've got this error:

##### start #####
Because "gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=01)
gpg: keydb_search failed: invalid packet
gpg: key ACAD66DB: secret key without public key - skipped
gpg: skipped `ACAD66DB': secret key not available
gpg: signing failed: secret key not available
", you may need to select different mail options.
##### end #####

When I try to revoke, I've got this error:

##### begin #####
[irwan at kuli .gnupg]$ gpg --import ~/revoke.asc
gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=01)
gpg: keydb_search failed: invalid packet
gpg: key ACAD66DB: no public key - can't apply revocation certificate
gpg: Total number processed: 1
##### end #####

I'm using RHEL 4 Update 3 & gnupg version 1.2.6-1 (RHEL package).
Appreciate if anyone explain me the problem and how to solve it.
Thanks in advanced.

My public key is here:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xACAD66DB

--