poldi and cardman4040

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at fsfe.org
Thu Jul 6 07:37:07 CEST 2006

Hello,
i have tried to use libpam-poldi to login with my GnuPG smartcard.
On my PC everything works. I'm using Ubuntu Dapper, libpam-poldi
(version 0.3.0-4) from Debian Sid and the SPR532 card reader.

On my notebook I'm using Ubuntu Dapper too, but with a cardman4040.
GnuPG with the smartcard works: sign mails, encrypt/decrypt mails,
etc.. But if i try to set up poldi with:

poldi-ctrl --set-key

i get this error messages:
poldi-ctrl: pcsc_establish_context failed: no service (0x8010001d)
poldi-ctrl: Error: failed to open card: Card Error.

The only difference between PC and notebook should be the card reader.
Any idea what's going wrong? Maybe poldi doesn't work with the
cardman4040?

Thanks!
Bjoern