Supported Cards

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Tue Jul 18 16:08:52 CEST 2006

dave at davehope.co.uk wrote:

> I've come across the OpenPGP [0] card which is supported in gnupg 1.4.0
> and above, however when trying to contact them didn't hear back.
> SmartcardFoucus seems to be a fairly comprehensive site [1], so I was
> wondering if someone on the list would be kind enough to point me at
> which cards I'll be able to use to store my key ?

You'll need a card that conforms to the OpenPGP standard.  The only
distributor I know of is Kernel Concepts [1].  However, you also get a
free OpenPGP card when you join the Fellowship of the Free Software
Foundation [2].

At this stage, you can only store 1kb RSA keys on OpenPGP cards.  I am
currently working on an implementation using BasicCards that will
support 4kb RSA keys, but it's not a priority for me.

Ben

[1] http://www.kernelconcepts.de/products/security-en.shtml
[2] https://fsfe.org/en/card