signature comments?

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Tue Jun 6 21:56:50 CEST 2006

Zach Himsel wrote:
> I've always wondered how to get comments put under the signature
> header... I've seen them on sigs before and would like to have my
> public key address put there. Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks.
Hi Zach,

Just add the comments lines you want to gpg.conf

comment "OpenPGP Public Key: http://zach-himsel.is.dreaming.org/"
comment "OpenPGP Public Key ID: 0xFD04A326"

gpg.conf on windows systems is usually found in %APPDATA%\GnuPG which expands to
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\GnuPG

Create or edit the file with the text editor of your choice.

You may alternatively specify the Key ID and retrieval URL as headers in your
email message. In Thunderbird, select Tools --> 'Account Settings'. Then the
'OpenPGP Security' tab for the email address you wish to configure. The OpenPGP
header settings are at the bottom of the panel.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10/0x18BB373A

"Just how do the residents of Haiku, Hawai'i hold conversations?"